Below is a sampling of some stories I want to cover:
The first item of importance is my daughter Krista. Time has blown by so fast that it's hard to believe she graduated from CSU in May. I don't feel any older but I have to be! I am truly proud of this child of mine. More pics and stories to follow about our Mom/Daughter Excellent Adventure in Mexico. 
The second thing that takes up so much of my time is my business; Hidden Paradise Real Estate - http://www.hiddenparadiserealestate.com/
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to take off like a rocket. I opened my office less than one year ago near the busiest intersections in the area. I am so lucky to have the best clients ever and have made great friends along the way. I can honestly say "I Love My Job". More on real estate in Mexico later.
The swine flu scare, renamed H1N1, hit Mexico in April. Unless people live here or have close connections, the outside world cannot imagine what the publicity of this "non-event" has done to the economy of this country. Mexico City shut down, large resorts in Nuevo Vallarta (just outside Puerto Vallarta) closed for over a month, flights and cruise ships cancelled. Infrared temps were taken of incoming/outgoing passengers at the airport.The resorts are now open and the cruise ships arriving but the damage is done and tons of reservations cancelled. This non-event will take some time to recover from. All I can say is that it must have been a bad news week.
A friend and I went to a great free concert in PV that was to promote tourism in the state of Jalisco. Headliners included Alejandro Fernandez, Enrique Inglacius (stole the show), Juan Sebastian and many many more artists that are very popular in Mexico. What a great time, one that I will write about as well. Below is a picture of the long line to get in before the sky opened up.
Now that I'm getting the writing juices flowing ,I'm thinking of so many interesting things that have happened over this past year. Time to start a list.
Stay tuned for more......
1 comment:
Good to see you back blogging. Makes me want to get back at my blog.
Post a Comment