Since returning from Colorado we have been without modern technology for over 10 days; no Internet and no Vonage telephone. When I was in Colorado service was down for two days one weekend and three days the second weekend. My first weekend back, Vonage went down on Friday and Internet was out for four days.
In other words, my patience was fried. Our previous provider was small and, at first, I wanted to support him instead of the larger Telmex. The lack of support and numerous outages made me change my mind. So now by signing up with Telmex, Carlos Slim (2nd wealthiest man in the world) has a few more pennies in his pocket.
A week ago Monday I treked to Bucerius (35 miles south) to place an order with Telmex. Since our previous telephone number was not reassigned I was able to get it activated with Internet service to follow Thursday or Friday. Well surprise, surprise, Thursday and Friday passed by with out Internet. Cesar, our computer tech, contacted Telmex and was told the paperwork did not make it to Tepic so we wouldn't get service before Monday. What a long weekend that was. Monday morning Cesar and I made a trip back to Bucerius so he could raise some cane (the Mexican way). What he said worked because I am now connected, Internet and Vonage are back. Yes!
I am now making up for lost time by burning up the wires talking on the phone with friends and family north of the border and on the Internet catching up on mail and surfing.
Thanks to our friends Larry and Susan who let me pester them every other day to catch up on telephone calls and emails. It was a great excuse to take a dip in their pool and cool off (mentally and physically).
After two previous attempts, Krista called me at 5:00 AM this morning from Dublin letting me know she is having a blast and doing great. She didn't ask me to send more money yet but then she has only been there for two weeks.
So now once again we are back to normal. To be reconnected is truly bliss.
3 comments:
Ooooh! I am so homesick! I almost can't stand to read more as its making me cry. TA
sounds like typical mexico....
-E
Oh Mom, it's been almost two months and I still haven't asked for any money :)
I'm just waiting until you get here!!!
Love you!
Post a Comment